Friday, May 13, 2011

One Wet Bird

swimming
One nice thing about having a really wet spring is a very high creek. 
We found a perfect spot where the water pools and is deep enough to swim. 

swimming II
Our dear Birdie has taken to the water like a little fish!
She makes quite a splash as she fearlessly jumps in to fetch sticks.

swimming IV
I'm hoping this little Birdie has distracted you ever so slightly from the fact that my latest painting, 
a new covey of birds, which I posted about last week is not quite finished.

swimming V
However, I'm happy to report that I'm really almost done. Seriously.
It's just taking a tiny bit longer that expected. Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Tracey said...

Such bright and sunny photos! Birdie is delightful ... I wish my dog would enjoy the water like that.
:)

holly aka golly said...

Tracey: Loving the water is mandatory in our house as we spend our summers on a lake :)

Specter said...

That is MY kind of GIRL!

Anonymous said...

Look at that girl! Now there's something she can teach Lexi... :)

holly aka golly said...

: )

beatrice De said...

What a nice dog swimmin throught the clair watter.
Un petit coucou de lausanne en Suisse.
My new site : www.colliers-beatrice.ch